Egg Donor Compensation
If you’ve ever found yourself wondering about donating your eggs, but have had a ton of questions about the process, you’re not alone. The good news is, you’ve come to the right place to look for answers!
We have performed numerous egg donation cycles. Even though we consider each and every one of them a unique experience for our clients, it all comes down to a process that is much simpler than you’d think.
On this page, we’ll go through the process of reimbursement in details.
How Much Should You Expect to Earn?
The amount of money an egg donor should expect to receive may vary on different factors. However, our agency compensates our donors in San Diego with a fee that ranges from $5,000 to $15,000. In case an egg donor has been cycled already, or in case they offer qualities recognized as exceptional, they would most likely receive a larger amount.
If you’re considering to become an egg donor, you should know that the prospective parents are responsible for covering all expenses and costs in relation to the cycle of egg donation. That way, everything you invest that has to do something with the overall egg donation process, will be reimbursed by the potential parents. Here’s an overview of what we’re talking about:
If you want to be an egg donor, you will have to run a number of medical tests. That process comes with certain expenses. However, you shouldn’t worry about the cost of these check-ups, as they will be taken care of.
All in all, prospective parents are those who will cover your screening costs, medical expenses, and all medications. In addition to that, during the process, you’ll learn a lot about your reproductive health, genetics and physical state.
Egg Donor Insurance
You will receive an egg donor insurance policy. So, you will get a reimbursement for that, too. Even though complications in the donation process are a rarity, we prefer not to take chances. That way, in case something happens, you will have an insurance to cover all medical expenses that you encounter as a result of complications in the donation process.
If the process of egg donation requires you to travel, you will also receive an adequate compensation for all travel-related expenses, such as:
- Airfare (round trip) – If you as an egg donor need to fly, you will receive a coach airfare for yourself and one companion.
- Ground travel (local transportation) – If you have to drive more than 100 miles, you will receive a reimbursement for the round trip per mile in order to cover the fuel cost.
- Local transportation tickets and taxi fares – In case you are flying into a foreign city or you don’t own a car, you will be provided with appropriate ground transportation. In addition to that, you will have someone to pick you up and drop you off at the airport.
- Meals – You will also receive a certain budget to cover for your meal expenses on a daily basis.
- Parking fees – If you park reasonably, you will receive a reimbursement to cover your parking expenses, as well. However, we are referring exclusively to the parking expenses for times when you have medical appointments.
- Accommodation – If we need you to stay over for the night, or if you need to travel away from your home, you will receive hotel accommodation near our facilities.
- Companion – As we’ve mentioned earlier, you will be entitled to bring someone with you. We understand that the majority of egg donors prefer sharing these valuable moments with their family members or friends. That’s why we do allow you to have someone accompany you on your trip and everything that you receive reimbursement for applies to your companion, too.
Finally, you will also receive an independent lawyer to take care of the contract between you and the prospective parents.
As an egg donor, you are not restricted to helping just one family. That means you can donate your eggs more than once. If you want to know whether you are a candidate for additional donations, just let us know. We’ll point you to our IVF physician that will take a look at your medical records. That way, they will establish whether having an additional cycle is an option for you or not.